Disability Accommodation for University Housing


In its efforts to provide a rich cultural experience for all students, UK Housing offers students equal access in its Residence Halls. Some examples of these disability-related accommodations are:

  • Wheelchair Accessible Room
  • Access to a private room (suite style)
  • Presence of Assistance Animal
  • Access to Personal Care Attendant
  • Suite space free of applicable food allergen

Students whose disability or condition requires an accommodation to have equal access to on-campus housing must:

  • Complete the UK Housing application by the timelines specified by UK Housing. 
  • Apply for services with the DRC, and provide documentation of disability or medical condition supporting housing request

Upon completion of this process, DRC staff will contact the student to determine the appropriate accommodation(s).  UK Housing will be notified of the recommended accommodation. To increase the likelihood that UK Housing is able to provide the accommodation, it is highly recommended the student get their housing accommodations in place early. If you have questions, please contact Dr. David Beach.