Design a Course
All UK Core course proposals should be approved by your College and submitted from your College by the appropriate member of your Dean's office. Here are the items needed for proposing a course for for formal UK Core approval:
1. Course Review Form for New Submissions [.doc]
- Inquiry in Arts and Creativity
- Inquiry in the Humanities
- Inquiry in the Natural/Mathematical/Physical Sciences
- Inquiry in the Social Sciences
- Quantitative Foundations
- Statistical Inferential Reasoning
- Composition and Communication I
- Composition and Communication II
- U.S. Citizenship, Diversity, Community
- Global Dynamics
3. The Course Review Form (for new courses) and syllabus should be attached to the online course form through the eCATS system before submission. Once submitted through eCATS, the proposal will route through appropriate College approvals before receiving UKCEC consideration.
UKC Experimental Course Submission
The UKC prefix allows for faculty to propose a course for the UK Core and to teach it up to two times prior to submitting it for formal approval. We encourage faculty to be “experimental” in their approaches, while also ensuring that the course meets the learning outcomes for UK Core course area as defined by the relevant course template. Click here for instructions on submitting a UKC course requests (these are not done through eCATS).
UK Faculty Toolkit
The UK faculty toolkit is a site that supports teaching faculty at the University of Kentucky who are involved in a Faculty Research Group focusing on the transition from High School to UK in the context of our new general education program - the UK Core.
If you have any questions, please contact Chris Thuringer in the Associate Provost's Office.